Well hello! I didn’t see you there. You must have just stumbled across my new blog: MI Jacksonville Life.
Last week, Keegan and I officially made the 1,139 mile from Grand Rapids, Michigan, to Jacksonville, Florida. I thought I’d use this blog as a way to document this entirely new adventure outside of our “normal” and to keep in touch with family and friends back home so you can see our new normal.
Here’s a recap of why we made the move:
- August 12, 1987: Sweet little Keegan Welsh was born in Cadillac, Michigan, where it snows 9 months out of the year. He quickly learns he is not a fan.
- June 5, 2010: That sweet little Keegan grew into an extremely handsome man, met this silly girl named Brianna, asked me if I wanted to come over and watch the Tigers (duh), and we got married 4 years later.
- 2011-2015: Keegan does insanely well at his role at W. W. Grainger and gets promoted a million times. He starts expanding his professional network throughout the US
- Early February 2015: Keegan and I take literally 4 vacations in 2 weeks because we hate the lake effect snow for months on end, literally colder here than in Antarctica, white out driving and I’m probably going to run over that idiot driver going 3 mph on the highway kind of weather.
- Early March 2015: Keegan interviews for a Manager of Territory Sales role in Jacksonville on Wednesday. Gets the offer on Thursday. We’re down in Jax next Friday to look at condos.
- April 2015: We both make the drive from GR to Jax to begin our new life in Florida.
And that leads me to where I am now. Just a small town girl, living in a loooooo—oops. Sorry. That’s the local brew taking over. Two newlyweds starting a new, exciting chapter in our lives that I know will be filled with many fun adventures.
I’ll have more crazy stories about how we managed to make that move with less than 4 weeks in my next post.
xox mi love from jax